The theses & dissertations collection provides full-text access to Drexel doctoral dissertations since 2006 as well as selected older works and master's theses.
Explore The Full CollectionExplore The Full Collection
- Feasibility of an evidence-based stretching program on healthcare worker pain scores and professional quality of life
- Background: The Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Bureau of Labor Statistics deems hospitals as one of the most hazardous places to work, with injury rates almost twice the rate found in construction and manufacturing industries. Work related musculoskeletal disorders adversely affec...
- Workplace Violence in Emergency Departments
- Background: Workplace violence (WPV) in emergency departments is a national health care concern. Nurses practicing in emergency departments are at greater risk for violence than other health care professionals. Published literature suggests that WPV is underreported because of inadequate understandi...
- Identifying Ankyloglossia in Newborns at Paoli Hospital
- Background: Ankyloglossia or tongue-tie, the tethering of the frenulum under the tongue, can adversely affect breastfeeding by causing a poor latch, maternal nipple pain, and poor milk supply. Not identifying this condition could lead to early breastfeeding cessation. Since nurses at Paoli Hospital ...
- Evaluation of the Impact of a Patient Progression Hub on Operational and Patient Outcomes at a Tertiary Acute Care Hospital
- It is estimated that 400,000 people die every year unnecessarily in American hospitals and millions suffer complications from healthcare acquired infections and medication errors. This Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) project is an attempt to address gaps in patient care that impact quality and safe...
- Adaptive Game Input Using Knowledge of Player Capability
- The application of video games has been shown to be valuable in medical interventions, such as the use of Active Video Games in physical therapy. Because patients requiring physical therapy present with both highly variable physical capabilities and unique therapeutic goals, developers of rehabilita...