The theses & dissertations collection provides full-text access to Drexel doctoral dissertations since 2006 as well as selected older works and master's theses.
Explore The Full CollectionExplore The Full Collection
- Clarifying the Role of Values in Weight Control
- More than 160 million American adults are overweight or obese. Existing weight loss interventions from self-help to gold standard behavioral treatments, while often effective, do not sufficiently maintain motivation to adhere to dietary goals in the face of powerful biological and environmental infl...
- Investigating Pathophysiology and Developing Therapies for EAE, a Mouse Model of MS
- Epidemiological sex differences in autoimmune disease and chronic neuropathic pain (CNP) in humans has been well established as afflicting females predominately. However, despite the clear prevalence of autoimmunity and CNP being greater in females, animal research does not effectively address this ...
- Using Raymarched shaders as environments in 3D video games
- Today’s 3D video games boast of massive game worlds. Responsible for this are a huge group of 3D artists who bring the world to life through their content creation skills. But what if the entire world could be created and rendered with the help of a single shader. The video game industry has almos...
- Revisiting Capital Accumulation
- This thesis consists of three chapters that look at the business cycle and productivity implications of relaxing certain assumptions regarding capital accumulation. In the first chapter, I introduce capital search frictions into an otherwise standard Real Business Cycle model. New and used capital m...
- Characterization, feasibility, acceptability, target engagement, and efficacy of a novel exposure-based treatment module for bulimia nervosa
- As many as 60% of bulimia nervosa (BN) patients treated with current approaches do not experience long-term remission, necessitating the development of improved interventions. Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is the most-researched treatment for BN and is widely considered the current first-line t...