The theses & dissertations collection provides full-text access to Drexel doctoral dissertations since 2006 as well as selected older works and master's theses.
Explore The Full CollectionExplore The Full Collection
- Image Analysis Methods for Identification and Segmentation of Biological Structures using Machine Learning Techniques
- Image processing and analysis techniques often include segmentation where an image is subdivided into constituent objects based on certain classification techniques using descriptors like shape, size and other features. There are multiple techniques to achieve desired segmentation and each technique...
- Computer Aided Patent Processing
- The intellectual property economy, and, more narrowly, the patent economy, form an incredibly wide-reaching and important part of the economic activity of the United States, and of the broader world. The patent ecosystem involves a diverse collection of players and interests. Inventors conceive of a...
- Online Analysis and Control of Electric Power Distribution Systems
- Historically, electric power distribution systems were considered passive subsystems served by the larger transmission grid. Recently, smart grid initiatives have driven the evolution of distribution systems into active systems with market-aware customers and distributed power generation. Along with...
- Creating Online Training Courses for the Corporate Environment
- Online training is a mainstay of the corporate environment in the twenty-first century. However, creating online instruction presents different challenges than those for traditional classroom-based learning. Instructional design for the online environment is considered to be in its formative stage, ...
- Teachers' Perceptions of a Teaching and Learning Action Plan for the Development and Implementation of Problem-Solving Strategies in Middle School Mathematics
- Declining standardized test scores due to the increased rigor of curricular standards is a problem for many school districts in the United States. To combat this issue, administrative teams develop plans to better meet the needs of teachers and students. The purpose of this case study is to identify...