The theses & dissertations collection provides full-text access to Drexel doctoral dissertations since 2006 as well as selected older works and master's theses.
Explore The Full CollectionExplore The Full Collection
- Assessment of Work Environment Health in a Suburban Nursing Facility
- Background: Developing and maintaining healthy work environments in healthcare organizations is vital to quality outcomes and optimized reimbursement. While the American Association of Critical Care Nurses’ Standards for Establishing and Sustaining Healthy Work Environments are well established in...
- Using the Edmonton Frail Scale to Trigger Palliative Care Referral for Hospitalized Patients with Heart Failure
- Objective: To determine whether use of the Edmonton Frail Scale (EFS) by the clinical staff on the medical cardiology unit would increase referrals to palliative care for hospitalized patients with heart failure. Design: Quality improvement project based on the Plan, Do, Check, Act framework. Settin...
- Evaluation of COPD Patient Education Methods
- Abstract Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) affects close to 16 million Americans and is the third leading cause of death in the United States with recent estimates of care costing approximately $49.9 billion. The 30-day hospital readmission rates for this diagnosis are exceedingly high wi...
- Predicting the Restoration of Incompetent to Stand Trial Criminal Defendants in Jail
- State legal systems face a growing challenge: providing effective and timely competency restoration services to pretrial detainees adjudicated IST. The backlog of incompetent defendants waiting in county jails for restoration services and the high costs of assessing and treating incompetence highli...
- Vocational Multitasking Ability in TBI
- A non-trivial subset of individuals with TBI report cognitive deficits and difficulty with vocational functioning that persist for many years post-injury. Prior domain-specific approaches to measuring the relationship between cognitive deficits and vocational functioning in traumatic brain injury (T...