The theses & dissertations collection provides full-text access to Drexel doctoral dissertations since 2006 as well as selected older works and master's theses.
Explore The Full CollectionExplore The Full Collection
- The Bias Blind Spot
- In describing decision-making in terms of tools, or heuristics, Amos Tversky and Daniel Kahneman proposed that human decision-making under conditions of uncertainty is susceptible to systematic errors. One such error includes the conviction that others are more susceptible to these errors. This has ...
- Broad and Narrow Intrinsic Absorption in Quasars as it Relates to Outflows, Orientation, and Radio Properties
- This work provides evidence that a large fraction of narrow absorption lines (NALs) seen along the line of sight to distant quasars are due to accretion disk winds, while also seeking to understand the relationship between NALs and certain quasar-intrinsic properties. We extend the results from past...
- The Role of a Digital Department at a Major Market Broadcast Television Station
- Due to both the speed at which societies communicate and consumers unwavering desire for content, technological advances continuously shape the ever-changing digital landscape. Social media has become a tool for broadcast station groups in an effort to keep up with consumer demands. Although consume...
- Inflated Weight, a Dual Approach to Structure Constants for K-Theory of Grassmannians, and a Charge Statistic for Shifted Tableaux
- The problem of computing products of Schubert classes in the cohomology ring can be formulated as the problem of expanding skew Schur polynomials into the basis of ordinary Schur polynomials. In contrast, the problem of computing the structure constants of the Grothendieck ring of a Grassmannian var...
- Essays on Bank Risk Management
- This dissertation includes three chapters. The first chapter studies the impact of compensation on the types of risk taken by bank CEOs according to the time horizon when losses are realized. Bonus is recognized to encourage executives to boost short-term profits while equity compensation motivates ...