The Drexel Research Collection provides access to the published and unpublished work of Drexel faculty and students, including papers, posters and research data. While most of the items in the collection are open access, access to some data sets is restricted according to donor agreements.
- A Biologically-inspired algorithm for the segmentation of cell nuclei in high resolution histological images
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC) images are of high resolution and are stained for ER, PR, KI-67 and p53. Image processing can serve an important role in the diagnosis of disease from histopathological data due to its ability to process and analyze whole-slide digital images. Most of the traditional algor...
- Global mapping of transcription factor motifs in human aging
- Biological aging is a complex process dependent on the interplay of cell autonomous and tissue contextual changes which occur in response to cumulative molecular stress and manifest through adaptive transcriptional reprogramming. Here we describe a transcription factor (TF) meta-analysis of gene exp...
- Computing Energy Optimal Paths in Time-Varying Flows
- Autonomous marine vehicles (AMVs) are typically deployed for long periods of time in the ocean to monitor different physical, chemical, and biological processes. Given their limited energy budgets, it makes sense to consider motion plans that leverage the dynamics of the surrounding flow field so as...
- The Northeast Big Data Innovation Hub
- Increasingly, both industry and academia, in fields ranging from biology and social sciences to computing and engineering, are driven by data (Provost & Fawcett, 2013; Wixom, et al, 2014); and both commercial success and academic impact are dependent on having access to d...
- Evolving Theories of Aging – a Comparison
- Theories of aging are evolving along experimental data and conceptual frameworks. A most recent approach positions aging into the context of complex systems theory, using concepts from statistical physics and engineering such as highly optimal tolerance (HOT) and robustness. Some key aspects of mos...