The three photo albums from the Drexel family collection (MC.00.001) date from the 1890s to 1930s and feature exterior and interior views of some of the residences and important sites of the Drexel family. This includes property acquired by Anthony J. Drexel between 38th and 40th streets in Philadelphia and the mansion Runnymede in Lansdowne, Drexel Hill, PA. There is photography of the original Drexel Institute, which remains as Drexel University Main Building. Two residences of Sarah D. Fell Van Rensselaer, Camp Hill Hall in Fort Washington, PA and a house with the caption “Old S. Broad Street” in Philadelphia, are depicted. Sarah Van Rensselaer (called Mrs. Fell in captions) is featured in two of the Camp Hill photographs, along with her youngest children, Frances and John R. Fell, and her first husband, John R. Fell. Other sites pictured include: St. Thomas’s Episcopal Church, Whitemarsh, PA; Long Branch House, Long Branch, NJ; the family mausoleum at the Woodlands Cemetery, Philadelphia, PA; a house in Andalusia, Torresdale, PA; the Mary J. Drexel Home for the Aged, Bala Cynwyd, PA, as well as several unidentified properties.
- Drexel Family Album Volume 3
- The first four photos in Volume 3 are exterior views of buildings in Torresdale, Pa., where Francis Anthony Drexel and his family spent much of the year at a summer mansion estate and extended their philanthropy in Catholic organizations and education. It is unclear whether the first two photos of T...
- Drexel Family Photo Album Volume 2
- Volume 2 includes interior and exterior views of Runnymede, Anthony J. Drexel's mansion in Lansdowne, Pa. The next portion of the album includes photography from the Drexel properties in West Philadelphia: A.J. Drexel's home at 39th and Walnut, 3810 Walnut St., George W.C. Drexel's house at 39th and...
- Drexel Family Photo Album Volume 1
- The first half of Volume 1 contains exterior and interior views of the Camp Hill Hall main house, as well as the grounds including stable, farm, log cabin, swimming pool, farm, and barn. Sarah D. Fell Van Rensselaer is seen with her first husband John R. Fell and with their children Frances and John...