The theses & dissertations collection provides full-text access to Drexel doctoral dissertations since 2006 as well as selected older works and master's theses.
Explore The Full CollectionExplore The Full Collection
- Synthesis and Cation Stoichiometry Effects of MBE-Grown Strained Ca2Fe2O5 Thin Films
- The physical properties of perovskite oxide (ABO3) thin films can be tailored through cation deficiency, epitaxial strain, and anion substitution. Similar approaches should be applicable to A2B2O5 brownmillerite materials that consist of alternating layers of BO6 octahedra and BO4 tetrahedra, howeve...
- Oxygen Tolerant and Room Temperature RAFT for Synthesizing Well-defined Polymer Architectures
- A reversible addition-fragmentation chain transfer (RAFT) process was developed capable of being performed at room temperature and in the presence of oxygen by initiating polymerization through an alkylborane-amine complex. This air-stable alkylborane-amine complex was chemically deblocked with carb...
- Controlling the Oxygen Evolution Reaction Activity of Tunnel Manganese Oxide via Post-Synthesis Treatment
- M.S., Materials Science and Engineering -- Drexel University, 2018
- Anion Adsorption and clay-like swelling of Ti3C2Tz MXene multilayers
- MXenes are a relatively new and large family of two-dimensional (2D) early transition metal carbides derived typically by etching the MAX phases in fluoride containing solutions. While numerous studies have investigated the role of cations on the interlayer distance (dc/2) between MXene multilayers ...
- A numerical model for the prediction of air entrapment in powder compaction
- The purpose of this work is to enhance simulations of powder compaction by predicting the air entrapment mechanism. A previous numerical solution predicted the entrapped air pressure of a one dimensional compact. This work expands on this previous solution to produce a model that predicts the entrap...