The theses & dissertations collection provides full-text access to Drexel doctoral dissertations since 2006 as well as selected older works and master's theses.
Explore The Full CollectionExplore The Full Collection
- Development and Manipulation of a Drosophila Model for Toxic Effects of Mutated M1 Spastin in Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia Treatment
- Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia (HSP) is an adult-onset disease most commonly caused by mutation of SPAST, which encodes the microtubule-severing protein, Spastin. Haploinsufficiency of spastin is a widely accepted pathological hypothesis for HSP, however, this definition of HSP has yet to find a well...
- Neuroinflammation and circuitry changes in the dorsal raphe nucleus with depressive phenotype after spinal cord injury
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) is attributed to an imbalance of the serotonin system that includes neurons of the dorsal raphe nucleus (DRN) involved in modulation of affective features such as attention, working memory and emotional control. In addition to motor, sensory, and autonomic dysfunction...
- The Drosophila chromodomain protein Kismet epigenetically regulates ecdysone steroid hormone receptor expression to affect axon pruning in vivo
- Axon pruning is a critical part of proper synapse elimination which is necessary for sculpting precise neural circuits in all animals, from invertebrates to vertebrates alike. Although this vital process has been described in the literature for decades, relatively little is known about the molecular...
- A Unified Framework for Collecting, Annotating, Modeling and Prediction from Phenotypes in Multi-Institutional Pediatric Data Resources
- Predictive models on sequential observational clinical data have helped make headway utilizing large sets of this data collected from health systems from electronic medical record (EMR) and billing systems to predict outcomes, help physicians make decisions through clinical decision support (CDS) an...