iDEA is Drexel University Libraries’ multi-purpose digital repository, providing access to the university’s intellectual output and records, including scholarly publications and pre-published works, theses and dissertations, archival finding aids, historical materials, as well as select digital collections from other Drexel departments and colleges.
- Advanced search tools including facets and full-text searching
- Permanent URLs for items in the system
- Exposure of digital contents via the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH)
- Description of digital objects based on a custom MODS metadata schema that facilitates discoverability and access
Through iDEA and associated services, the Libraries provide:
- Reliable storage and backups
- A commitment to 9x5, Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm, uptime.
- Maintenance via regular updates, patches, and troubleshooting support
Copyright & Takedown Policies
Unless otherwise stated, Drexel University’s Intellectual Property Policy applies: https://drexel.edu/provost/policies/intellectual_property/
Drexel University Libraries operates a ‘take-down’ policy, such that if Drexel University Libraries is notified of a potential breach of copyright, or other reasonable notice of a possible violation of any law (including but not limited to laws on copyright, patent, intellectual property, trademark, confidentiality, data protection) the complete document or dataset or relevant portion will be removed from the repository as quickly as possible pending further investigation.How to Notify Drexel University Libraries of a Take-Down Request
Please email the name and URL of the item or items at issue, an explanation of any claims to rights for the material, a statement of the action requested, and the reason for the requested action to email@example.com
Upon receipt of a request, Drexel Libraries staff will acknowledge the request promptly and assess its validity. We may temporarily remove the material from public view while we review the concern. When we have completed the review, we will take appropriate action and communicate that action to you.
Want to add your research or historic items to iDEA? Contact the University Archives (firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-895-6706).